Can the watch be worn on both wrists?
Yes. You can wear the watch on either wrist as you prefer.
What is the diameter of the watch face?
What are the special features of the watch?
The Huawei Watch integrates health and fitness data, voice interaction features, and useful notifications into one smart watch. Some of the features include:
- Changeable watch face (you can choose from a range of beautifully-designed classic, digital, and sporty watch faces)
- Notification prompts (for incoming calls, SMS messages, Hangouts, emails, and more)
- Voice interaction
- Health and fitness data (the watch automatically recognizes different types of exercise, records fitness data, and detects your heart rate)
How much does the watch weigh?
The weight varies depending on the model.
With the stainless steel mesh strap, the watch weighs approximately 96 g. With the stainless steel link bracelet, it weighs approximately 134 g, and with the leather strap it weighs approximately from 60 to 62 g.
What is the watch made of?
The Huawei Watch is made of a stainless steel case and has a 1.4-inch AMOLED round touchscreen display protected by sapphire crystal.
What colors and styles are available?
The Huawei Watch is available in six models class in the U.S. : stainless steel with a black leather band, stainless steel case with a stainless steel mesh band, stainless steel case with a stainless steel link band, black stainless steel with black stainless steel link band, rose-gold plated stainless steel with a brown alligator leather band, rose-gold plated stainless steel with rose gold plated stainless steel link band.
Stainless steel case with stainless steel mesh strap
Stainless steel case with stainless steel link bracelet
Stainless steel case with black leather strap
Black-plated stainless steel case with black-plated stainless steel link bracelet
Rose gold-plated stainless steel case with rose gold-plated stainless steel link bracelet
Rose gold-plated stainless steel case with brown leather strap
Which straps are available to go with the watch? What are the specifications?
Huawei offers a selection of beautiful watch straps that can be changed to suit different occasions. The straps are made from imported stainless steel and genuine Italian leather and have passed stringent dermatological tests for a safe and comfortable wearing experience.
Stainless steel mesh strap
120 mm to 210 mm
Stainless steel link bracelet
Silver, black, and gold
120 mm to 210 mm
Black and brown
145 mm to 200 mm
How can I change the watch strap?
Change the watch strap as shown in the diagrams below.
Stainless steel mesh strap:
Stainless steel link bracelet/Leather strap:
What do I need to pay attention to when using the stainless steel mesh strap?
1. Keep the strap level when inserting it into the clasp.
2. Ensure that the metallic protrusive part on the clasp remains within the adjustable area marked on the strap.
- Do not attempt to secure the clasp outside of the adjustable area. This may cause irreparable damage to your strap.
- If it feels like you need to use force to secure the clasp, adjust the strap slightly and then try again.
What is the capacity of the battery?
How long is the battery life?
The battery lasts for about one and a half to two days with normal usage. This includes 24 hours of heavy usage with the screen on and 8 hours of screen-off time (in sleep mode). The watch can complete the following typical tasks in a 24-hour period on a single charge:
The battery life may vary significantly depending on how you use your watch. The example given above is for reference purposes only.
What are the specifications of the charger?
Please use the standard charger included with your Huawei Watch.
If you need to purchase a new charger, the Huawei Watch supports the following charging voltages/currents: 5 V/0.5 A, 5 V/1 A, 5 V/1.5 A, 5 V/2 A.
How long does it take to charge the Huawei Watch?
A full charging cycle takes 75 minutes.
The battery icon on the watch's screen indicates the current charging status. Once charged, the battery icon will indicate a full battery.
The watch will enter power saving mode (screen off) if the battery level is lower than 5%.
What do I need to pay attention to when charging the battery?
- Keep the charging port dry and wipe off any water or sweat.
- The recommended ambient temperature for charging is 32 to 95°F.
- The lightning icon indicates that the watch was successfully connected to a power source.
If your watch is powered off, it will turn on automatically when you connect it to a power source.
How do I get started with the watch?
- Before setting up your watch, download the Android Wear app from Google PlayTM or Apple App Store and install it on your phone.
- Press and hold the power button to power on your watch and then select the desired language.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone, launch the Android Wear app, and pair your phone with the Huawei Watch according to the onscreen instructions.
- This will sync settings, the time, and other data to your Huawei Watch. Once complete, you can start using your watch.
- After the sync is complete, perform the gestures shown by the onscreen instructions to familiarize yourself with the watch's basic gestures and features.
- You must use the Android Wear app to pair your watch with your phone. Do not use your phone's Bluetooth interface.
- If your phone fails to pair with your watch, you should reset the watch, restart your phone, and turn bluetooth on and off on your phone. Then try re-pairing.
What apps do I need to install on my phone to pair it with my Huawei Watch?
On an Android smart phone, you need to install the Android Wear app, Google Play Services, Google Search, and Google PlayTM. For the exact requirements, visit g.co/WearCheck on your Android phone or iPhone® to see if it’s compatible.
How can I check the remaining battery capacity?
Swipe down on the home screen to access the Quick Setting menu. The remaining battery capacity will be displayed as a percentage.
Touch in the Android Wear app to access the settings, then select your Huawei Watch under DEVICE SETTINGS. Touch Watch battery to view the remaining battery percentage and detailed battery usage statistics.
What are the system requirements for my phone?
Android 4.3 or above/iOS 8.2 or above.
Open your phone's browser, then visit g.co/WearCheck to check whether your phone's system is compatible with the Huawei Watch.
The features supported by Android and iOS may vary.
How waterproof/dustproof is my watch? Can I wear it while swimming or diving?
The Huawei Watch has an IP67 water and dust resistance rating, meaning that you can use it when washing your hands, cooking, washing your car, or when it is raining. However, the watch is not designed for swimming, diving, or prolonged submersion in water.
How can I clean and care for my watch?
Keep the watch and your wrist clean and dry and wipe off any sweat after you have finished exercising. Clean the watch regularly by wiping it with a soft cloth and remove any dirt lodged in nooks and crannies.
With a stainless steel mesh strap, do not forcibly bend the strap, as this may cause irreparable damage.
How does the watch measure exercise data?
The watch contains an advanced accelerometer and gyroscope and features cutting-edge technology that allows it to track a range of different activities (including walking, running, climbing, standing up).
What affects the accuracy of the step data?
Your walking pose and the size of your arm swing can affect the accuracy of the watch's step data.
Maintain a normal pose when walking.
Why does my watch sometimes mistakenly identify my motion state (running)? Why is the number of steps displayed on my watch sometimes different from my actual number of steps?
The watch's exercise algorithm is designed to approximately record data for longer periods of exercise. View your exercise data after exercising for a certain period of time. Changing to a different type of exercise after a short period of time may affect the accuracy of your step data.
Why is the exercise data displayed in the Daily tracking app different from the Google fit app?
The Daily tracking app features a precise algorithm that uses the watch's sensors to provide accurate exercise data and is calibrated specifically to the Huawei Watch. The Google Fit app is designed to work across many different devices using a different tracking algorithm.
Can the Huawei Watch monitor my heart rate? How can I view my heart rate?
Yes. The Huawei Watch can monitor your heart rate.
Swipe left on the watch's home screen and touch Heart rate to view your heart rate. Do not wear the strap too tight or too loose as this may affect your heart rate data.
Test your heart rate when you have been resting for a while. The result should not be used for medical purposes.
How does the Huawei Watch measure my heart rate?
The Huawei Watch comes with a cutting-edge heart rate monitor that calculates your heart rate by monitoring the pulses on your wrist.
The heart rate monitor should not be used for medical purposes and may have inaccurate results for skin colors with artificial pigment.
What affects the accuracy of the heart rate monitor?
If the watch fails to detect your heart rate or displays significantly different readings within a short period of time, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you have removed the transparent protective film on the back of the watch.
- Ensure that the back of the watch is clean and dry and that there are no objects between the back of the watch and your wrist.
- Check that you are wearing the watch properly. The watch should sit comfortably on your wrist. Do not wear the watch too tight or too loose.
- Keep your wrist still and avoid shaking it when testing your heart rate.
- If the watch doesn't detect your heart rate after numerous attempts, restart your watch and try again. If the watch still doesn't detect your heart rate, contact your local Huawei service center for support.
How do I power my watch on/off?
Power on: Press and hold the power button until the screen turns on.
Power off: Swipe left on the home screen and select Settings > Power off
Why can't I power my watch off?
If the touchscreen is unresponsive, an app crashes, or your watch didn't charge properly, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to forcibly restart your watch.
How do I restore the watch to factory settings?
Swipe left on the home screen and select Settings > Factory reset.
If you restore your watch to the factory settings, all data stored on your watch will be deleted. You will also need to pair the watch with your phone again.
How many phones can I connect to the watch? How do I pair my watch with my phone?
Your watch can only be paired with one phone at any one time.
If you wish to pair your watch with another phone, you must restore your watch to the factory settings first.
You can pair your phone with several watches. Touch the upper left corner in the Android Wear app, select Pair with a new watch, and then follow the onscreen instructions to pair your phone with a new watch.
How can I pair my watch with another phone?
Your watch can only be paired with one phone. If you wish to pair your watch with another phone, you must restore your watch to the factory settings first.
Swipe left on the watch's home screen and then select Settings > Factory reset to restore your watch to the factory settings. Select Pair with a new watch in the Android Wear app and then follow the onscreen instructions to pair the watch with a new phone.
How can I quickly change the language?
To change the language on your watch, simply change the system language on the phone that is paired with your watch. Your watch will then automatically change the language.
This feature only works when you select a language supported by the Huawei Watch.
What is the best way to configure the language settings on my phone and watch?
On your phone, select a language that is supported by the Huawei Watch.
When you select a language on your phone that is not supported by the Huawei Watch, use English for the watch's voice interaction and SMS voice reply feature.
If the languages selected on your phone and watch are different, the voice interaction/SMS voice reply features may not work properly.
Can I connect my watch to a tablet?
Yes. You can connect your watch to a tablet that runs Android 4.3 or above/iOS 8.2 or above. Open the browser on your tablet, then visit g.co/WearCheck to check whether your tablet is compatible with your watch.
Can I connect my watch to a Wi-Fi network?
Yes, the phone's Wi-Fi feature is only designed to be used when the Bluetooth connection disconnects. Enabling Wi-Fi reduces the watch's battery life.
How can I connect my watch to a new Wi-Fi network?
Swipe left on the watch's home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi settings, touch Add network > Open on phone, and enter the Wi-Fi password on your phone.
When connecting to a new Wi-Fi network, ensure that your watch stays connected to your phone over Bluetooth.
How can I update my watch using OTA (over-the-air) updates?
If there are any version updates available, a push notification will be sent to your watch. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the latest version. You cannot search for version updates manually.
What does "System is up to date" mean?
This means that you are already running the latest version. You will receive a push notification when a new update is released.
What should I do if my watch failed to update?
This means that you are already running the latest version. You will receive a push notification when a new update is released.
- If you can power on your watch after the update failed, use your watch as normal and wait until you receive another update notification.
- If you cannot power on your watch after the update failed contact your local Huawei service center for support.
How can I view the version number of the Android Wear app and update to the latest version?
To view the app version number: Launch the Android Wear app, touch in the upper right corner, and select About.
To update to the latest version: The Android Wear app will automatically check for version updates and send you an update notification on the app's home screen. You can also update through update notifications sent by Google Play™.
How can I change the watch face?
Method 1: On the watch's home screen, touch and hold the watch face to access the watch face selection menu. Swipe left/right to scroll through the watch faces and then touch to apply the desired style.
Method 2: Swipe left on the home screen, choose Settings > Change Watch Face, and swipe left/right to scroll through the watch faces. Touch to apply the desired style.
Method 3: On the home screen of the Android Wear app, select Watch faces and then touch More to view more watch face styles. Touch to apply the desired style.
How can I download more watch faces?
You can download watch face apps from Google Play™.
How can I set Dual City to display the time for two cities?
Touch and hold the home screen, select the settings icon underneath Dual City, and select the desired city. Once you have configured the settings, the time for the selected city will be displayed at the top of the watch face. The local time will be displayed underneath.
How can I turn on the screen using gestures?
Yes. You can turn on the screen using wrist gestures, such as by tilting or lifting your wrist.
Touch in the Android Wear app to access the settings menu, select your Huawei Watch under DEVICE SETTINGS, and select Tilt to wake screen.
If you have enabled Theater mode, you can only turn on the screen by pressing the power button.
How can I adjust the screen brightness?
You can adjust the screen brightness using either of the methods below:
To adjust the screen brightness: Swipe left on the home screen, select Settings > Adjust brightness, and swipe up or down to adjust the screen brightness (there are five brightness levels available).
To temporarily increase the screen brightness: Press the power button three consecutive times to temporarily increase the screen brightness for 5 seconds. This feature is designed to be used when you cannot see the screen well, for example, in bright sunlight.
Does the watch display the name of the caller for incoming calls?
Yes. It will also display the contact picture if there is one.
When I receive an incoming call, why does the watch display the caller's name for some calls and the caller's number for other calls?
The watch will display the caller's name if the caller has been saved as a contact on your phone and the contact has been synced to your watch. If the caller has not been saved as a contact, the caller's number will be displayed and the number will not be saved to the watch's contacts list.
Can I use my Huawei Watch to initiate a call? How can I use my Huawei Watch to initiate a call?
You can use your watch to initiate calls to contacts in your watch's contacts list. Swipe to the contacts list, touch a contact, and then select Call to initiate the call.
Although you can use your watch to initiate calls, you must use your phone to make the call.
Why aren't all of my phone contacts displayed in my watch's contacts list?
Only contacts that you have recently called will be synced to your watch. Numbers that have not been saved as contacts will not be synced to your watch.
How can I use my watch to answer calls?
On the incoming call screen, drag the green slider to the left to answer the call and then pick up the phone that is paired with your watch.
How can I use my watch to decline incoming calls?
On the incoming call screen, drag the red slider to the right to decline the call.
Why doesn't my phone ring or vibrate for an incoming call after I have paired it with my watch?
Check the Notification settings in the drop-down menu on your watch. If Notification is set to None, your watch will set your phone to Do not disturb mode. Change the setting to All to disable the Do not disturb mode on your phone.
Can I use my watch to unlock my phone?
No. Your watch cannot be used to unlock your phone.
Your watch can initiate a Bluetooth connection with a Bluetooth headset, but it cannot initiate a Bluetooth connection with a phone.
How can I set my watch to receive notifications from my phone?
Your phone notifications are sent to your watch by default.
Can I use my watch to type text when replying to my phone's messages (such as SMS messages, emails, and Facebook/Twitter messages)?
No. You cannot use your watch to type text. Depending on the app you are using, you can use different methods to reply to messages. Some apps support voice recognition and will convert your voice message into text, or you can also use a predefined message or emoticons to reply to your phone's messages.
Which third-party apps does my watch support? Where can I download these apps?
Your Huawei Watch supports a range of popular apps such as Facebook, Twitter, and WeChat. You can select Get APPS in the Android Wear app to access Google Play™ and download your favorite apps.
How can I install/uninstall apps on my watch?
To install an app:
Select Get APPS in the Android Wear app to access Google PlayTM and download your favorite apps. If the app is compatible with the Android Wear app, the app icon will appear on the first screen when you swipe to the left from the watch's home screen.
To uninstall an app:
Simply uninstall it on your phone.
How can I adjust the length of the strap?
- Stainless steel mesh strap: Adjust the strap according to the circumference of your wrist.
- Leather strap: Adjust the strap according to the circumference of your wrist. If the strap does not fit properly using the holes provided, take your watch to your local watch repair shop to have more holes punched into the strap.
- Stainless steel link bracelet: A special tool is needed to adjust the bracelet. Take your watch to your local watch repair shop to have it adjusted or you can order an adjustment tool yourself from many online retailers.
How can I use Agenda?
In your phone's calendar app, create an event and set the event time. Your watch will send you a reminder at the preset time.
How can I use Together?
- On the watch's home screen, touch and hold the watch face to access the watch face selection menu. Select Together as the default watch face.
- Swipe left on the home screen, select Together and then touch the arrow.
- Use either of the methods below to pair your watch with another nearby watch. You can then send photos in your phone's gallery, predefined messages, or emoticons to your friends.
- Touch Look for nearby watches to pair your watch with a nearby watch.
- Touch Send an invite from phone to send an invite to a watch paired with your phone.
- Ensure that your watch and phone are paired and that you have logged in to your Google account on your phone.
- Ensure that the watches are within the Bluetooth working range of each other.
How are the moon phase displayed on the watch faces?
"N" and "S" stand for the Northern and Southern hemispheres. The yellow area displays the current moon phase.
What is the function of the green rim on the Green sporty watch face?
The green rim indicates how many calories you have burned. Once you have reached your target, the rim will form a full circle.
Does my watch support the voice interaction feature? How can I use the voice interaction feature on my watch?
Yes. You can use either of the methods below to interact with your watch using voice commands:
- Say "OK Google" when the home screen is displayed. A red "g" will be displayed on a white screen. You can now issue voice commands to interact with your watch.
- When Speak now is displayed on the Ok Google screen, you can issue voice commands to interact with your watch.
Recommended examples of voice commands:
Search for nearby restaurants, Call Tom, Remind me of important meetings, Navigate home.
How do I set exercise goals and view my exercise data?
To set exercise goals:
Swipe left on the home screen and select Daily tracking . When using this feature for the first time, swipe left on the screen and enter your height and weight. Set your exercise goal under Daily goal.
To view exercise data:
Swipe left on the home screen and select Daily tracking . Swipe left on the screen to view your walking, running, and hiking data, such as steps completed, calories burned, and exercise time.
- Enter your correct height and weight to ensure that the watch can accurately calculate the number of calories you burn during exercise.
- After you have configured the settings, the watch will automatically record your exercise data when you are wearing the watch.
How can I start an exercise session and view data for an exercise session?
- Swipe left on the home screen, select Fitness tracking and then touch Start > Time or Start > Calories.
- Swipe up/down on the screen to set your goal, then touch Start to begin your exercise session.
- Touch to pause your session.
- Touch to view your exercise data
How can I set the date and time?
You cannot set the date and time manually on your watch. The date and time are synced from your phone.
Can I use the watch for recording? How can I use the watch's recording feature?
Yes. You can use your watch to record audio.
When your watch is paired with your phone, download and install a recording app from Google Play™ (such as Audio recorder). Once you have installed the app on your phone, it will be synced to your watch. Swipe left on the watch's home screen and touch the recording app to start recording. After you have finished recording, you can listen to the recording on your phone (currently you cannot play recording files on your watch).
Can I use the watch for recording? How can I use the watch's recording feature?
After your watch disconnects from your phone, you can still use the watch's alarm, timer, and stopwatch and use it to record exercise data. If you connect your watch to a Wi-Fi network, you will be able to use the features that require interaction with your phone, for example, receive notifications and incoming calls and use the voice interaction feature.
Can I use my watch to play music?
To play music on your phone:
When your watch is paired with your phone over Bluetooth, you can use your watch to control music playback on your phone, for example, skip songs and adjust the volume.
To play music offline:
You can connect your watch to a Bluetooth headset so that you can play music without the need to carry your phone with you, for example, when walking, running, or exercising. Follow the steps below to sync your music to your watch and play it on a Bluetooth headset:
- Download and install the Google Music app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Purchase some music in Google Play™.
- Select Download to Android Wear and wait for the music to be downloaded to your phone and synced with your watch.
- In your watch's settings, search for your Bluetooth headset and pair it with your watch.
- Touch Play Music App on your watch and select Play on Wear to start playback.
Can I use my watch to take a photo on my phone?
Yes, but you must install a third-party app that can be used to take photos.
Can I use my watch to find my phone?
Yes. If your watch is paired with your phone over Bluetooth, swipe left on the watch's home screen and touch Find my phone. Your phone will ring, enabling you to locate it quickly.
How can I block notifications from a particular app? How can I unblock notifications after they have been disabled?
To block notifications from an app:
Method 1: Go to the settings screen in the Android Wear app and then add the app that you want to block to the Block app notifications list.
Method 2: Swipe right on a push notification and then touch Block app to block notifications for that app.
To unblock notifications:
Go to the settings screen in the Android Wear app and then delete the apps that you want to unblock from the Block app notifications list.
Why don't I receive notifications when my phone is locked?
If you are using a Huawei smart phone, check that your watch is paired with your phone over Bluetooth and ensure that the Android Wear app appears in the Protected apps list. If not, go to Settings > Protected apps and select the Android Wear app. Notifications will now be sent to your watch even when your phone is locked.
How can I configure the screen lock feature?
Swipe left on the watch's home screen, select Settings, and then set Screen lock to ON. Enter your unlock pattern to complete the screen lock settings.
- Touch Lock screen now to lock your watch's screen.
- Your watch will vibrate when you receive a notification. If the screen is locked, you must unlock it first using your unlock pattern before you can view the notification.
How do I use Wrist Gestures?
Swipe left on the watch's home screen, select Settings, and set Wrist Gestures to ON. When you receive several notifications, you can tilt your wrist to scroll through the notifications.
Can I configure the settings for lifting/tilting my wrist to turn on the screen in the Wrist Gestures settings?
No. The settings for lifting/tilting your wrist to turn on the screen must be configured in the Android Wear app settings. For details, see the question of "How can I turn on the screen using gestures?"
What is Theater mode?
You can enable Theater mode when you are at the cinema/theater to avoid disturbing others. Your watch's screen will remain off even when you use screen wakeup gestures (lifting/tilting your wrist), touch the screen, or receive notifications/incoming calls.
Theater mode is not equivalent to power saving mode. When Theater mode is enabled, you will not be able to view the time, notifications, or incoming calls, therefore we recommend that you only enable this mode when necessary.
How can I enable/disable Theater mode?
Press the power button twice to quickly enable Theater mode. Press the power button once to disable Theater mode.
Why doesn't my watch automatically re-establish the Bluetooth connection with my phone when my watch comes back into range?
If the icon is displayed on your watch, this indicates that the Bluetooth connection with your phone was interrupted. Your phone will attempt to re-establish the connection with your watch. The connection will normally be re-established within 5 minutes. If the connection was not re-established after 5 minutes, disable the Bluetooth connection in the Android Wear app and then attempt to reconnect.
Why isn't my watch charging?
If your watch isn't charging, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that the metal charging contacts on the back of your watch are aligned correctly with the pins on the charging cradle.
- Check that there is no dirt or corrosion on the metal charging contacts or the charging cradle pins.
- Check that the pins on the charging cradle are intact.
If you encounter any of the issues above and cannot rectify them by yourself, take your watch to your local Huawei service center.
Why does the battery drain so quickly?
- Check whether your phone is connected to the Internet and whether you can access Google Play™.
- Check whether your watch is paired with another phone. Swipe left on the watch's home screen, go to Settings > Bluetooth devices, and check the Bluetooth connection history.
- Check whether Wi-Fi is enabled on your watch. Swipe left on the watch's home screen and go to Settings > Wi-Fi settings > Wi-Fi. If Automatic is enabled then Wi-Fi is turned on. Connect to the same Wi-Fi network on your phone and check whether you can access Google PlayTM.
- Ensure that you use Google's Android Wear app to pair your watch with your phone. Using other apps to pair your devices may prevent Google services from working properly.
- Check whether any power-consuming apps on your phone have been synced to your watch. Uninstall these apps and see whether your watch's battery life returns to normal.
- Check whether any recently installed apps on your phone have been synced to your watch. Try uninstalling these apps and see whether your watch's battery life returns to normal.
Why is there noise/low volume when recording audio using the watch's built-in microphone?
Check whether there are any objects obstructing the microphone. If so, remove them carefully and try again.
What should I do if the battery level is too low and I can't power my watch on?
If you cannot power your watch on because the battery level is too low, or the screen displays the charging icon but you cannot power the watch on and the watch gets hot, follow the steps below:
- Check that the metal charging contacts on the back of the watch and the pins on the charging cradle are not damaged.
- Ensure that there are no objects obstructing the connection between the watch and the charging cradle and that the metal contacts are not corroded. Check that the pins on the charging cradle are not bent and that they connect to the metal charging contacts properly.
In what scenarios does my watch get hot?
Your watch may overheat when charging if it is not well ventilated or if it is exposed to high temperatures. For example, if you charge your watch when it is wrapped in clothing, placed under a pillow, or exposed to direct sunlight or ambient temperatures of over 40°C, the watch/charging cradle may overheat and your watch will not charge properly.